We’re all about accentuating the positive here at Giants Fan Carm. So today’s blog is going to be all about the positive. I just have this feeling that things are going to be different with the boys from here on in. Why? I feel one of my lists coming on…
- They’ve won 2 games in a row. This is only the second time this season that they’ve been able to do this. Sad on the one hand, but if we’re looking at the glass as half full, this is a happy thing. Let’s see if they can pull off the win today to set a streak record for the season. They can do this!
- Out of the blue, they have this crazy power streak going on. In the last 6 games they’ve hit a total of 10 homeruns, and in 4 of those games 2 guys hit homers. It’s been a Bye, Bye, Baby Bonanza! That accounts for more than a third of the homeruns they’ve hit all season. Plus Buster hit homeruns in three consecutive games. I know this team is not built on power, but it doesn’t hurt. And everyone likes to see the long ball and hear Bye, Bye Baby.
- Speaking of homers, one of them was a walkoff by Buster in the 17th. We haven’t been able to celebrate many walkoffs this season, and walkoff bombs are the best. But the best thing about this walkoff was Buster’s reaction, and it’s one of the main reasons I think they are at a turning point. Check this out. Notice Buster’s reaction as he gets close to home. He throws his helmet in the air and raises his arms up as he nears the plate. Who was that guy??? This was not your typical, calm, not-expressing-any-emotion Buster. I think he did this on purpose to energize his team. And I think it’s working.
- Span is back. I know there are a lot of Span haters out there, but his coming back has also been an energizer. Two of the above-mentioned homers came from Span, and they were in his first two games back. In his first three games back, he’s hitting .500. WOW!! And you can’t deny that he’s the best defensive center fielder we have. Welcome back, Denard!
- Justin Ruggiano. The guy had a slow start offensively when he first came up to the Bigs on May 6th, but in his last 3 games he’s hit .385 and he provided one of the above-mentioned bombs yesterday. Could this finally be the solution to our outfield problems? I am staying cautiously optimistic. He’s in the lineup today so we’ll see if he can keep it going.
- Brandon Crawford is back off the DL. I mention this for two reasons: the guy is one of the key pieces of the Giants puzzle both offensively and especially defensively, plus I knew this would make Ginny happy.
Ginny and I sent inspirational rally pictures to several of the guys via Twitter, so I like to think we’ve contributed to all this somehow as well. So come on, everybody! Get those rally caps out and keep this thing going! Until next time, GO GIANTS!! MAKE IT AN EXTRA-HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!